Tuesday 15 October 2013




I was told a story by one of the men I talked to in a previous post,
"I know someone that would have an amazing story for your blog. He was my brothers university professor , after his wife passed away he started living on the streets, left his job, sold his house and his belongings and became homeless. I see him several times a week wandering around KW, if you ever see him around you should talk to him and figure out why he did all that. He had an amazing life and incredible talent. I guess it goes to show what love can do to you and how powerful it is. Without her he didn't want to live and nothing mattered anymore, something inside him snapped and the man he used to be was gone... It is really sad when you think about it." I hope someday I do encounter him, I presume his story is very gripping and hopefully he will be willing to let me share it with all of you.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. This was quite a somber post compared to the other blogs, a nice snap back to reality. Oh, there goes gravity. Oh, there goes Rabbit. He choked. He's so mad, but he won't give up that easy. Nope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I had to make the joke. Just a little something to brighten your day.

      Delete
  2. Love is so powerful. It can give you the world but when it goes away it really can break a person. So sad!
    But I think it's sweet that Scott (I think that's his name) was concerned for another person in his situation. I really think that there must be a sense of community with the people on the streets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you completely (and yes his name was Scott) aha

      Delete
  3. Thats deep, makes you think and realize how powerful love really is. As Abena said, I believe also that there is a different lifestyle and sense with homeless people.

    ReplyDelete