Monday 4 November 2013

Free Hugs


A few days ago I was in downtown Halifax having dinner with some friends, on our way back home I came across Stefan, a young man just out of high school looking to make enough money for food, he didn't have a job and was unable to make it into college or university, I didn't have much time to talk to Stefan but he told us he had been standing there all day, it was pouring rain and we had passed by him twice that afternoon, he said he wasn't having much luck that day so we all decided to pitch in some money for him to get a bite to eat, he thanked us, I gave him a great big hug and we went our separate ways, as we crossed the street I turned around and saw Stefan walking into the sandwich shop on the corner. 

1 comment:

  1. That warmed my heart! I know that there is a perception of what people do with the money you give them but I think this goes to show that sometimes they truly just need a bit to eat! Love it!

    ReplyDelete