Monday 4 November 2013

Singing in the Rain

In Halifax, it was cold rainy all of Saturday, people were running around trying to get inside as quickly as possible. I was running around just like everyone else trying to get to the bus stop before the bus got there. I ran passed Tim, he was playing beautiful music as if the weather didn't phase him. I stopped and listened. He sang softly and smiled at everyone who passed, though not many smiled back. I dropped a couple loonies into his guitar case and waited until the song finished.
"That was wonderful." I told him.
He thanked me. I asked him how he could play in this cold wet weather all day.
"I've got a baby girl on the way." He told me.
"I've been coming out here every day come rain or shine, to save up enough money for my little girl."
"How long until she arrives?"
"She's expected around February 14th, valentines day."
I dropped five more dollars into his case.
He thanked me and said "God bless you." and continued singing in the rain.

2 comments:

  1. Music is the passage to all contentment! Do your thing man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowe much commitment so much inspiration wow

    ReplyDelete